Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 14, 2011

Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin

Tucker Rain faces many difficulties in his life, chief among them the disgust he harbors for his father. The only hope he has as a child is found in his nanny, Miss Ella. She cares for Tucker and his half-brother Mutt, the way a loving mother would. After Miss Ella’s death, Tucker must deal with life the best way he can, which is to bury himself in his work as a world class photographer. One day, his life changes. During a chance encounter, he rescues his long-lost childhood sweetheart,who is on the run from her abusive husband. Her presence in his life forces him to deal with old issues of unforgiveness. When his half-brother disappears from the residential mental hospital where he has been confined, Tucker must face more of his past demons. Through it all, he is guided by the wisdom of Miss Ella and sees the answers to her prayers.

Charles Martin writes a compelling story of love, pain, forgiveness and grace. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt like I knew the characters when the book was done. If the book had a sequel, I would put it on my reading list, however, the ending was satisfying enough to stand alone. I enjoyed the tone of the story. It was not too romantic nor too suspenseful, but was a tantalizing blend of both. This was the second of his books that I had read and I would definitely read more. Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy and this is my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment