Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Soul Reader by Gerard D. Webster

Ward McNulty has an unusual gift. He can look into a person’s eyes and read their soul. His father, who had the same gift is now dead and Ward cannot forgive the man who has killed him. In order to protect Carrie Hope, the woman he loves, he must investigate the situation which caused his father’s death. This leads him to Culebra, a trained assassin in South America. But Culebra isn’t the man that Ward expects. The book’s ending has some interesting twists, but not all of them are completely unexpected.

I thought this book was easy to read, despite being the second in a series where I hadn’t read the first. It was a bit different from the Christian fiction that I normally read because it featured Catholic believers and talked about saints and the rosary. This did not distract from the story, but seemed to fit nicely given the experience of some of the characters, especially Dona Rosa.

Having read this, the second book in the series, made me curious about what had transpired in the first book. I also wondered if there will be another book featuring Ward. Although it ended with many of the loose ends tied up nicely, I suppose I would read another book of the same main character, especially to see what would become of Ward and Carrie’s relationship. Booksneeze provided my complimentary copy and this is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment