Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 30, 2012

Downfall by Terri Blackstock

Downfall is a quickly moving story of Emily Covington, a recovering drug addict and her family. She is targeted by Jack Tyson, a man whom she sent to jail for selling drugs. He fancies himself as the Avenger and plots to destroy her and her family for revenge. To carry out his schemes, he befriends her younger brother Lance and his friend April, and murders 2 of Emily’s acquaintances from the drug rehab center. As Emily tries to sort out the truth and warn others of impending danger, she is sucked deeper into Jack’s plot. The murders are pinned on her. Lance is drawn into danger by trying to rescue April from Jack.

The author kept me reading by moving the plot along quickly. Even though this was the third book in her Intervention series and I hadn’t read the first two, I still enjoyed it. Though I have little experience with drug addicts, she made Emily’s struggle believable. It gave me a greater appreciation for what some families must go through when a loved one is addicted. Readers who enjoy suspense and a page-turner will most likely enjoy this book. I am grateful to the publisher, who provided a free e-book for me to read and this is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment