Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 1, 2012


House of Mercy by Erin Healy

 

Beth Borzoi lives on a ranch and loves animals, especially horses.  She aspires to be a vet.  Because of a freak accident involving a wolf and another rancher’s valuable horse, her family will lose their ranch and ministry.  Her father believes that her estranged grandfather, Garner Remke, holds the key to rescuing their ranch.  Shortly before her father’s death, he urges Beth to search out Garner and bring him home.  She goes in search of him on horseback, but is followed by a mysterious wolf, perhaps the same one that caused her catastrophic accident.  She manages to find Garner, but he is fighting for his life and Beth must now try to save him from probable death. 
Erin Healy is one of my favorite Christian writers.  This book had layers of plot that kept me reading, despite the fact that I am not a fan of Western novels.  The author weaves a thread of the supernatural throughout this book, and I find myself still trying to grasp the symbolism.  The book ended, but left me wanting to know more of what happened after the last page.  I hope there will be a sequel as many questions were left unanswered.  I intend to read as many as books as Erin Healy writes.  She is an excellent writer and I highly recommend her works.  My thanks to Booksneeze, which provided the free e-book for me and this is my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment