Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Fresh Take on Grace


Dirty God by Johnnie Moore

 “Jesus’ love and Jesus’ grace are so great it’s scandalous—too much to bear, and too easy to get, and that’s why it’s always been so controversial,”writes Johnnie Moore.   His book addresses a centuries’ old concept in a fresh and balanced approach. He says  that grace is not freedom to live life the way we want.  It is not cheap grace, but rather costly grace that persuades us to flesh out Jesus’ love to others.

This book is well-written and thought -provoking.  It changed the way I viewed my relationship to God.  It caused me to savor the grace offered to me and to want to give it away to others.  The author also deals with the abuse of grace, which he calls one of the most dangerous illnesses within the body of Christ today.   This review is a poor reflection of the impact this book has.  Read the book!  I thank the publisher for the free copy that I received and this is my honest opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment