Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 8, 2016

Robert Whitlow Legal Thriller

The Witnesses by Robert Whitlow
Robert Whitlow’s book The Witnesses, takes the reader back and forth between World War II and the present.  It centers on a young lawyer and his grandfather, and the special gift that they share.
 
The legal details of this book were often over my head and the author didn’t waste much time trying to explain them. I thought that they really didn’t play too much of a main part in the story.

The characters were interesting and I especially enjoyed getting to know Franz and figuring out his story.  I found Parker and Layla interesting as well. Tom Blocker’s actions seemed a bit far-fetched at the end of the book.

The plot was well-paced and kept my attention by switching between Franz’s past and the present.  The ending did have some surprises, too.

The author took an interesting approach to Franz and Parker’s gift and how it could be used selfishly.  It wasn’t as obvious how he thought it should be used positively.


If you enjoy legal thrillers, this book should be on your to-be-read list.  The publisher gave me a free copy in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment