Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 23, 2019

Siri Mitchell's new thriller


State of Lies by Siri Mitchell

This was the first book that I have read by Siri Mitchell, but it definitely won’t be the last.  There were many things that I liked about it.  The plot was constantly unfolding and carrying the reader deeper into the story.  The characters were likeable and complex.  And best of all, the ending held a surprise!
The plot contained many twists and turns and was impossible to predict.  I felt like I was living the story along with Georgie.  At times it was difficult to put the book down.

I really admired Georgie, and how she rose to the challenge of solving the mystery that threatened her family.  The author managed to make me feel her confusion, hopelessness and desperation.  I wondered along with her just who Sean, her husband really was.  And as for Georgie’s parents, there was definitely more to them than I first suspected.

The story’s ending was something that I did not predict.  Although it satisfied most of my questions, it still left some things unresolved.

The one thing that almost made me quit reading before I had hardly begun was the intimate scene between Georgie and her husband at the beginning of the book.  Though it was handled discreetly, I was still a bit uncomfortable with it.

Although this book is published by Thomas Nelson, there was no mention of God, the Bible or faith in it.  Basically, it was a clean read, but free of any overt mention of faith
.
I am grateful to the publisher for the free e galley to read.  This is my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment