Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Mesu Andrew's Latest Biblical Fiction Novel

 

In Feast or Famine by Mesu Andrews

This book is the continuation of Joseph’s story begun in Potiphar’s Wife.  It chronicles his rise to power, his marriage to Asenath and his reunitement with his brothers.  As usual, Mesu uses her skills as a researcher to recreate the world of ancient Egypt.  While her description of its politics and religion were not my favorite parts of the novel, they were key to understanding the elements of the plot. 

I did enjoy how she created realistic characters with motivation that drove the plot.  She answered questions I had asked regarding Joseph’s marriage to a priestess mentioned in the Biblical account.  I appreciated how her non-Hebrew characters came to trust in Elohim due to the lives of His followers.  And as always, she includes redemption and some unforeseen plot twists!

Readers who enjoy Biblical fiction will find much to like in this novel.  I am grateful to the publisher for a complimentary copy in return for my unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment