Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

New Murder Mystery from Robert Whitlow

 

Double Indemnity by Robert Whitlow

Robert Whitlow is known for his legal thrillers that weave Christian principles through his stories.   I have read several of his other novels.  This one doesn’t focus so much on courtroom drama as much as the mystery of the murder of a young businessman.  It didn’t capture my interest as much as some of his other works.

I found his characters uninteresting and difficult to connect with emotionally.  The plot moved slowly with too much emphasis on the unimportant details—so much so that I found myself trying to figure out where this detail would show up as important.  The sentences were somewhat stilted and the writing was jerky.  The ending wasn’t really a surprise.  I do understand that many others appreciate Robert Whitlow but this book wasn’t my cup of tea.  I received this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for this, my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment