Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 16, 2023

Realistic World War 2 novel

 Within These Walls of Sorrow by Amanda Barratt 

 

Amanda Barratt vividly brings to life the story of the Jews in Poland during the Nazi occupation. She focuses on two women, Zosia Lewandowski, a gentile, and Hania Silberman, a young Jewish girl.  


This book is meticulously researched and realistically portrayed the horrors of the suffering of the Jewish people and their supporters during the time of Hitler. 


Despite the nightmare of the occupation and their incarceration, the characters’ will to survive and to live will astound the reader. The German’s cruelty will abhor the reader.

 

I read this book to learn more about the suffering of the Jewish people and came away with an appreciation of their tenacity. It also made me appreciate the blessings of my life. 


Hania and Zosia gave me much to aspire to as they persevered during what had to have been an impossibly challenging time in which to live. Their characters were so sensitively and skillfully rendered that I found myself thinking about them after I read the last page. 


Readers who enjoy realistic WW2 fiction and historical women’s fiction will come away with much from this novel. I am grateful to the publisher for a complimentary copy in exchange for this, my honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment