Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Life with an Incurable Disease


Seeing Through the Fog by Ed Dobson

Ed Dobson is a familiar name in the Grand Rapids area as the well known former pastor of Calvary Church.  I have never had the privilege of hearing him preach or attending his church, but know others who have.  His book gave me a glimpse of the man behind the reputation.

Ed writes about his diagnosis of ALS.  He transparently shares his thoughts and emotions concerning life with a debilitating disease.  His honesty regarding his struggles will encourage many grappling with the same issues.  I have to applaud his willingness to be real with his readers.  This book may well turn out to be one of his greatest ministries yet.  He approaches his disease and life with faith, but does not use it to sugar-coat his situation.  His book is a practical tool for others traveling the same road.   Even those who do not suffer from a debilitating disease will profit from his insights. I have a new respect for him and highly recommend this down-to-earth book.   The publisher provided me with a free copy and this is my honest review.     

No comments:

Post a Comment