Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Charles Martin's Latest:


The Water Keeper by Charles Martin

Murphy Shepherd is more than the simple, solitary caretaker that he appears.  When Angel, an under-age trafficked girl crosses his path, it puts his life on a trajectory that even he doesn’t expect.

Murphy is a classic Charles Martin hero--- tough exterior, tender inside, wounded, but always honorable.  He made me wish that such a person really existed to be the hero that so many pine for today.

This book had lots to keep the reader engaged.  The plot was always shifting.  Murphy kept pulling out unexpected surprises.  And the author kept surprising me, too.  The characters, especially Murphy, continued to reveal more about themselves and their past.  There was always something happening to draw the reader in.  It worked on me as I finished this book in a weekend.

I have read several of Martin’s other books and appreciate his wholesome writing.  This book was the same, despite dealing with the difficult subject of sex trafficking.  I did wonder why he didn’t include any information regarding organizations rescuing children from this horror.  I think his audience would have been receptive to that.

If you are a Charles Martin fan, put this on the top of your TBR pile today!  If you have yet to read one of his books, start with this one—because you can’t go wrong.  Both men and women readers will enjoy this.  There is enough action and romance for either.  I am grateful to the publisher for a free copy, for this my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment