Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Action Adventure with Murphy Shephard

 The Letter Keeper by Charles Martin 

 Murphy Shephard’s story continues with this book. He pursues the bad guys who are trying to traffic young people.  Only this time, it becomes very personal.  His wife and daughter are taken. 


 Along the way, the author fills us in on much of the history of the relationship between Murphy and Bones, a priest, as well as some of Murphy’s past.  After having read The Water Keeper, I appreciated having some of my questions answered.

 

For those who have not read the previous book, which I recommend, Murphy is a real hero, even better than James Bond.  He has the same kinds of resources, skills and abilities, but completes his missions with a pure heart to unselfishly help others.  In his spare time, he is a very popular author and loving father.  Ok, so maybe he is too good to be true, but this is fiction, after all! 


Charles Martin is at the top of his game with character development and plot pacing.     I must say that I could hardly believe how quickly I read this book!  The ending surprised me and left me with hope of a sequel.  If you are a Charles Martin fan, this one will not disappoint.   I am grateful to the publisher for a free copy in return for  my honest opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment