Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 5, 2021

Southern Fiction Featuring a Family of Color

 

‘Til I Want No More by Robin Pearson

 

Robin’s latest book focuses on a family facing a time of reckoning. The daughter, Maxine is engaged and writes about the wedding planning.  As she navigates the challenges of planning for a new life with her fiancé Teddy, she must confront her past.  Of course, like in real life, the confrontation gets messy.

 

What I liked about this book is that it features a family of color, which seems to be under-represented in Christian fiction that I have read.  I also enjoyed the appearance of characters from her previous book. I also found that the  author’s message of second chances and forgiveness was healing.  I think that there are readers who will identify with Maxine and gain courage from her experience.

 

Robin creates a world that a reader can readily step into and feel like the characters are family.  She creates characters that are likeable, ordinary and yes, flawed.  If you enjoy a visit to family, this book will take you there.  I am grateful to the publisher for a free copy for this, my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment