Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 25, 2023

Southern Fiction set after the Civil War

 

Letters from My Sister by Valerie Fraser Luesse

Callie and Emmy are as close as sisters can be, growing up on their well-to-do farm in the South.  Like many families, theirs undergoes many heartbreaking incidents.  The letters in the title are between the two sisters as they are separated due to illness.

This book contains a sweet love story and some mysteries which take place after the Civil War.  I was surprised at the sad turn of events but appreciated the author’s writing style.

The author includes some interesting characters.   I was intrigued by Tirzah and Ura’s ability to “see” things. But my favorite character was Callie with her free spirit.

Although the mystery is solved, it had never really gripped me.  I enjoyed the development of the characters more than the plot.  I am grateful to the publisher for a complimentary copy in return for this, my honest review.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment