Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Seraph Seal by Leonard Sweet and Lori Wagner

In this apocalyptic novel, Paul Bender, a historian, has been chosen from birth for a special calling. He receives an unusual message, which launches him on a search for an ancient manuscript. Along the way he finds others who help him piece together ancient wisdom and prophecies to escape the end of the world.

I didn't enjoy this book for several reasons. It was very confusing. It was too difficult to follow the plot. The authors took little time for character development, perhaps because there were so many important characters. Because of the worldwide scope of the setting, the story continually jumped around. The authors also left unanswered some questions regarding the plight of several main characters.

If a reader enjoys a story where The DaVinci Code meets Left Behind, he would appreciate this novel. I do not recommend it, although I did learn some interesting tidbits along the way. Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book and I am giving my honest opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment