Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry

  
Billy Allman is a simple man living in the small town of Dogwood, located in the hills of West Virginia.  His goal in life is to live to the glory of God, although  things are hard and never seem to go according to his plan.  His life seems unimportant and unnoticed by others.  However, Heaven has not overlooked him.  Malachi, an angel sent to watch and protect him, wonders what the Creator’s plan is for Billy.  As Billy’s life unfolds, Malachi begins to sense the music in Billy’s life and the plan God has for him.

What can I say?  I love Chris Fabry’s books for several reasons.  They are set in West Virginia, the state I grew up in.  He handles difficult and real life situations with grace.  He writes from a Christian perspective, and his characters capture my heart.  Almost Heaven was no exception.  Chris kept my attention with a well-paced plot and interesting characters.  I loved the fact that “June Bug” from a previous book showed up in this one, too.  I look forward to reading many more of Chris’ books.

No comments:

Post a Comment