Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 30, 2012

Brink of Chaos by Tim LaHaye and Craig Parshall



This is the third book  in the End Series featuring Joshua Jordan, an American hero.  He has fled the United States because of being falsely accused of treason.  He is the designer of the RTS defense system, which has made him welcome in Israel, but also hunted by Israel’s enemies.  His wife, Abby, is a high profile lawyer, trying her best to clear his name so that they may be together again.  She must work behind the scenes because she has refused to be tagged by the government and is on their list to be apprehended.  Also included in the story are their adult children, Deborah and Cal.  Joshua survives several attempts on his life and must make a difficult decision to sacrifice himself to save his family.

This book surprised me.  I was expecting another Left Behind series, and it did have some elements of that.  However, the writing was fast paced and kept me turning pages.  It has some interesting parallels to politics and world events today.  It made me think about possible end times scenarios and my response to them.  In short, it was a good, well-thought out story and had a satisfying, but surprise ending.

If you enjoyed the Left Behind series, but want something with a bit more relevance to today’s events, this book should satisfy you.  Even though it was the third in the series, I could easily follow the story line.  I think many readers will enjoy it like I did.  I appreciate receiving a free copy from the publisher and this is my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment