Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2012

Faith and Other Flat Tires by Andrea Palpant Dilley




I appreciated Andrea’s honesty in sharing her story.  As a parent, I found it very enlightening.  I was impressed by her upbringing and was glad that she said her departure from faith was not due to anything that her parents had or hadn’t done.  I was encouraged that God was big enough to work in her life despite her doubts and searching.  I would be able to recommend  this book to others looking for  honest answers to life’s questions.

I enjoyed  Andrea’s descriptive writing.  I appreciated the way she laid out the facts of her life without judging others and without giving inappropriate details.  Her book reminded me a bit of Donald Miller’s book, Blue Like Jazz.  Both of them chronicled their spiritual journeys in ways that non-Christians can relate.  I look forward to reading her future books.  Thank you, Zondervan, for the free copy.  I enjoyed it and this is my honest opinion.    

No comments:

Post a Comment