Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Unusual Love Story

 Indigo Island by T. I. Lowe 

This book was as unusual as one of its main characters, and totally captivated my imagination. I loved (and hated some,) the quirky, well-written characters. The plot took turns that I did not anticipate and kept me reading. The ending was satisfying.  


The author created realistic and fascinating characters. Hudson was very memorable, as was Vee. I came to love and appreciate Sonny and her back story, too. I loved the way the characters responded to challenges and grew. I became invested in their lives and thought about them after I read the last page of the book.  


The plot was interesting and covered some difficult topics like sexual abuse and recovery. Woven into the plot was a love story that I had not anticipated. I enjoyed the epilogue showing the trajectory of Sonny’s life. I was glad she had found healing and a happy conclusion. 


I have read another of T. I. Lowe’s novels and enjoyed it. This book will appeal to readers who enjoy romance that breaks out of the traditional mold. I appreciate the complimentary copy that I received from the publisher and netgalley, in exchange for this, my honest review.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment