Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 2, 2021

Military suspense by new to me authors

 

Dark Intercept by Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson

Andrews and Wilson were a new to me writing team, who have written about 10 other books.  This book was action-packed and suspenseful and had elements reminding me of Frank Peretti’s works, which I loved.

Jedidiah Johnson, a newly retired SEAL, is plunged into a difficult situation, where his past is messing with his present.  Estranged friends have contacted him to help them find their missing daughter, who has been kidnapped.

The supernatural weaves itself through this story, along with page-turning suspense.  Despite the military terminology which may be unfamiliar to readers, the plot moves quickly.  The authors slowly reveal the secrets of Jed’s past, teasing the reader along. They set up  a new villain at the end of the story, so the saga will continue.

Readers who enjoy military suspense with a supernatural twist will enjoy this. I am grateful to the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for this, my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment