Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2021

True Stories of Persecution

 

The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken

Nik Ripken writes this book to answer questions raised by his term of mission service in Somaliland.  He and his family leave the country broken and discouraged.  He believes that there are answers to the questions that plague him and he goes in search of God’s people who have survived and thrived during persecution.  The stories that he hears and then recounts are nothing short of amazing, sounding like pages lifted from the book of Acts.

Although I had not previously heard of Nik, I intend to read his next book, The Insanity of Obedience.  His words and the experiences of persecuted believers are challenging. The stories and characters Nik introduced will linger in my mind.   I highly recommend this book to those of us who are comfortable in our complacency.  Because of it, I am feeling a little less complacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment