Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 2, 2021

Thought-provoking fiction by Bill Myers

 

Rendezvous with God by Bill Myers

I was fascinated by this book and its premise.  Will Thomas, newly divorced English professor, has just discovered his pregnant 14-year-old niece on his doorstep between Christmas and New Year’s.  Not only that, but he has begun experiencing hallucinations, or dreams where he finds himself in Israel with Jesus.  He has no control over these bizarre experiences, but they begin to change him, as does the presence of his niece.

Myers presents a fresh, unjaded view of Jesus in Will’s hallucinations.  At times it almost seemed irreverent but still compelling.  It made me wonder about what people really thought of Jesus and ponder the scriptural stories from a new vantage point.

I loved the fact that the characters developed and changed from the beginning of the story.  The story gives hope that God does continue to change his people as they continue a relationship with him. 

I really enjoyed Myers’ wit and sense of humor that was peppered throughout the book.  Readers who enjoy some humor and being provoked to think will like this book.  I am curious to see how Myers continues the story in the next book, Renovation.  I am grateful to the publisher for a free copy in return for this, my honest review.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind comments regarding "Rendezvous with God - Volume One." Having published over 120 books this one is by far the most important. It had such a strong impact upon my life that I plan to continue with Volume Two coming out the first of next year. I'm currently working on Volume Four : ) Thanks again. Bill. billmyers.com

    ReplyDelete