Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 30, 2021

Unusual and Captivating Setting

Under the Bayou Moon by Valerie Fraser Luesse 


Ellie Fields, a young, determined teacher leaves her home and family in Alabama and heads for Bernadette, Louisiana for a position that no one else wants.  During her tenure there, she confronts prejudice against the Cajun students she teaches, as well as their families.  In standing up for her children, she becomes a beloved member of the community.  But unanticipated danger finds her and those she loves in this small town. 

  

The author introduces readers to a place that is easy to fall in love with.  I was captivated by her rich descriptions of the bayou and the mystery of the L’ esprit Blanc, the white alligator.  The characters were also charming and easy to love. Ellie, Raphe, Remy, Doc, and Heywood welcomed me into their world. 

  

Although some of the challenges faced by the characters were too quickly resolved in my opinion, like Remy feeling wanted by Raphe and Ellie, the plot moved along nicely, and kept my attention.  I especially enjoyed the part that the white alligator played.  The epilogue was a bonus that I unquestionably enjoyed. 


Readers wanting to be transported to a new part of the world will enjoy this story.  I am grateful to the publisher and author for a free copy of this book in exchange for this, my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment